burn brighter

cross practice went unexpectedly well for me last night. i wasn't winning hot laps or anything like that, but i was able to get out and put some power down on the flats/hills. between my bum arms and the fact that my tires were over inflated i was cautious through the turns but all in all it was a good effort. the best part was that robin and cal came out to watch for a bit (and cal had his trusty yellow lion of flanders flag to cheer us on with). i love hearing his little voice yelling 'go daddy' as i am deep in the pain cave.

still loving my new race bike. i'm excited to ride it with tubulars which i think i'm going to do next week. my hesitation is riding them on the road (to work, to practice, to home) but i'll ride the xlite/xxxlite wheels w/challenge limus tires mostly since i really need to practice w/lower pressures (and i don't anticipate using these too often to race with). that reminds me, i need to glue up my schwalbes one of these days. my plan is to peel the tires off these wheels at the end of the season and re-glue them with road tires for the rocket.

lots of bike projects going on right now in the lab. the moto is getting converted back to a geared machine. i've got apex shifters/rear derailleur on the way so that robin feels comfortable when she starts doing cross (i'm stoked that she is even contemplating it)! i've got some cable work to do on my mountain bike and i need to be gluing tubulars soon. i'm actually looking forward to all but the mtb stuff.

anyway, busy morning and the i'm out of here for my afternoon appointment. better get to work!

happy thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts