road rage.

i don't know how i manage it, but somehow i get myself into situations. this morning driving to work i was driving along, minding my own business and i came upon a lane ending. i drive this twice a day minimally, so i knew my lane wasn't ending so i kind of zoned out. all of a sudden i hear a horn and see a finger from a large man in a giant truck behind me. he had been slowing down, and i thought that he was going to slide in behind me. i guess he wanted to go in front of me. whatever.

the funny part is that he followed me to work to talk to me about how i drive. he looked like a mean guy, so i closed the windows and locked the doors. he came walking up to me dropping f bombs and saying this wasn't a road rage incident and that he just wanted to tell me i'm an asshole. so i opened the door (mostly to shorten this interaction because we were standing in front of my employer). he told me i knew exactly what i was doing and that i was an asshole and that he wasn't going to kick my ass but that then next guy might. then he said it's a matter of courtesy.

noted.

i said, 'listen man, most guys can kick my ass and you truck is obviously bigger than my civic, so why would i try anything with you?' no response. then i asked him if he was using his turn signal. he said 'why would i have to, it is a merge?' interesting. is said 'it's a matter of courtesy.' i think he was starting to feel dumb because all of a sudden, once i was coming back at him a little verbally, he walked back to his truck, got in, revved the diesel engine and high tailed it out of there.

needless to say, i'm feeling a little shakey right now.

anyway, 8 miles this morning in the perfect conditions. i'm not going to race tomorrow, i never preregistered and day of is $35...too high for a small 5k in my books. hopefully i'll make it out on the golf course today.

happy friday (the 13th...maybe that is why that guy chased me to work).

Comments

Josh B said…
He may have been in a big truck, but if he was singing in a crappy cover band he may have been looking straight at the A-train coming at him.
andyH. said…
i had that one coming though. this time i guess i was just destined for trouble...
ScootsOnMoots said…
it's not like he was in a huge hurry to a NASCAR race so WTF. maybe tommorow he could be pissed and follow you to work. today though....it only proved who the asshole was.
Patrick said…
You made sure to close the sun roof right?

Later, asshole.

PR
Kate said…
I'm sure this guy read the riveting article titled "How I kicked a guy's ass through his moon roof" in Road Rager's Quarterly.

Popular Posts