a good man.

his health had been failing slowly for the better part of the last decade. he had dialysis treatments three times a week for the past 7 years. he later developed peripheral vascular disease that progressed to the point of causing severe pain in his feet. through it all he maintained his characteristic chuckle and quiet resolve until the end. He passed away last night surrounded by several of his children - although he will be dearly missed, i'm glad that he will no longer feel the pain he has had to endure.

this morning i hugged my son a little bit longer, enjoyed the sounds of my family getting ready on an ordinary workday and breathed the cool morning air a little bit deeper on my ride in with Grandpa in my thoughts. and with the end of one life i am reminded that my life is so very good.

i will miss you grandpa.

Comments

Popular Posts