did it.

robin and i decided that this year we are going to spend our rei dividend as follows:

- one purchase for the family (a second suitcase similar to the one we used our dividend for last year.
- split what is remaining between us for toys of our preference.

i also had a little bit of birthday money so i have opted for a garmin edge 500. i contemplated a wahoo ant+ bike adapter for my iphone but ended up deciding that i mostly bike these days and would rather have a tool that is specific for the task. i wanted ant+ so i can run a sensor on the back wheel for trainer sessions. i wanted gps with the capability of reading power if i ever end up with that capability. so, considering i got a sizable discount with my portion of the dividend this made the most sense. i am very excited to really start using it but....

first i need to learn how to use it fully. i'm going to try and formalize my training more this year (at times) and i think this will really help. i've got the two included bike mounts on my single speed and my road bike. i'm going to order two more for my mountain bike and my race cross bike that still hasn't been manufactured.

i think i'm also going to sell my nike+ gps wrist unit if anyone is in the market.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts