beat down

being sad makes me tired. driving a lot and schlepping toddler goods around the state makes me tired. allergies make me tired.

so, driving/schlepping our toddler to and from wausau for my grandfather's funeral during an early allergy season meant that sunday was a recovery day. it was beautiful out so i took advantage - by mustering a little energy to ride for 90 minutes. we'll, i was gone closer to 105 minutes but that was due to a flat rear tire. my CO2 cartridge had no C02 so i pumped up the spare as much as i could with my little hand pump and then babied it home. i stood for most of the 8 miles home which was a pretty good workout in itself.

the tire was old and well used. time to put some new ones on i guess.

i am still tired today. but, i rallied and rode in this morning. it would have been easy to bag it (temps in the 30's with a brisk wind) but instead i had the conditions make me a sandwich.

happy monday.

Comments

Popular Posts