long one.

this weekend was a long a one. and a good one at that, involving old friends, beer, and the bike swap...a retro weekend if you will. i bought exactly one thing at the swap, a new wallet. bet you didn't see that coming. there wasn't anything i needed, although there were some things that i really wanted. we're on a saving pattern so i elected to keep my money in my pocket rather than cram one more item into my basement. and i have no regrets.

since biking was the theme of the weekend, i put some thought towards it. i haven't had one between my legs in 2 and a half months. and i miss it. well, i miss my riding friends. and i don't want to lose that. so, while the sub 3hr marathon is still my point of emphasis for the next 10 months or so, i am not abandoning the bike. hell, i may even hit a few races over the summer...you know...just to be socialable. i'll do exactly enough to not really be on a team (or at least reap the rewards of being on said team). but i'm alright with that...because the biggest perk of doing anything requiring some passion is that there are others with the same passion around you.

so, it's time to rethink my training strategy. now that we have a little snow i may actually be able to cross train. running, skis, snowshoes, occasionally a trainer session...that will be my menu for the next two months. the main focus of my running will be to increase my long run. i'd like to be over 15 miles by april...and then build from there. my bike focus will be strictly fitness, so i can ride with my friends. and everything else will be filed under play time with some endurance purposes.

anyway, that post sucked. sorry about that. now it's time for 10 more hours of work. happy monday.

Comments

Popular Posts