accumulation

it's not much but it is something. i needed to get home by 5:30 last night to pick up the boy so i found the hilliest route home i could that would get me there on time. mission accomplished. i was going to try and run after robin got home from her group ride but alas, she came home at 9:15 and i just couldn't pull the kicks on again at that hour. btw, robin is doing a weekly group ride...who is this lady i'm living with?

i did a quick calculation regarding my bike commuting this week. i've ridden to/from work 3 times this week which saves me about a gallon of gas per day. so i guess i saved the family budget around $10 or so this week. add in that this will greatly reduce my trips to starbucks (i brought my press to work and buying/brewing your own coffee is always cheaper - even the good stuff), i may have justification for a new bike in no time. just kidding, i don't need a new bike...maybe just a new steel cross frame? and carbon tubulars? and....

the main goal of this is to eek out a few more training miles everyday. sitting in my car to and from work seemed like a very good opportunity lost. will this get me into the shape of my life? negative, but it will help. the money savings is a nice feather in the cap. and i guess that is a few gallons worth of carbon emissions taken out of the air too. look at me, a model citizen.

robin and cal are heading to portland oregon next week for the cirulus races at pdw. not really, they are going to visit friends. i'm going to try and use the opportunity to have myself a mini-training camp but i'm trying not to think about it at the moment because when i get my hopes up something foils it.

it's friday. i'm ready for the weekend (it's been awhile since we have been home for a weekend).

happy friday!

Comments

Popular Posts