and then there was this.

so, the thing is...i've missed it. i've missed the feel of the trail. i've missed the vibe at *some* of the races. mostly, i've missed my buddies. you know, the life of the long distance runner is a solitary one, and while my latest attempt at the marathon reaffirmed my love for the sport of 1 foot in front of the other, i cannot completely turn my back on the bicycle.

since my break started post-marathon, i've had little to no time to do much in the way of training. this is by far the longest break i've had in years, and what i think about doing, what i really long to do, is ride my bikes. my attempts at training plans haven't panned out over the years. i write them in november/december(overly ambitious training plans). i follow them religiously for about 1/2 of the duration. i start losing my interest in said training plan. training becomes an arduous task. racing returns begin to dimish. i get frustrated and decide it's the sport and i need to change. silly, i know. so, here i am, writing this years training plan. it's a blank piece of paper. i'm calling it "the no-nonsense, no specifics, lots of fun, ride/run when you can" training plan.

balance will be the goal. i'm going to take advantage of my busy schedule in 2008 and just do what i can fit in. no training plan. no 'A' races. just me, my running shoes and my bike(s). here is to the fit life. here is to racing when time permits. here is having fun again.

class weekend starts tonight. this is the last 'normal' session of the semester. the last one is reserved for two presentations and submission of a paper. the end is in sight, and the next three weeks will be the crux of this climb.

happy thursday.

Comments

benbarts said…
Andy, you were still active and training the whole time. You could probably ride two months and hang just like the old days. It would be nice to see you back on the scene.

Popular Posts