i survived (that's good enough for now)

well, the run is done. 30km with 10 miles at marathon pace. all but mile 9 of the mp part was good, i ran into some badger saturday traffic (literally) which slowed me down to 6:50 for that mile, but i recovered with a 6:20. i was feeling my cold, every step of every mile reminded me that i've got some achy joints. but i made it through. training isn't about always feeling good, it's about preparing yourself to cope with feeling bad....so mission accomplished i guess (i hope anyway, because i really didn't enjoy this run).

we did some hiking at pelfrey's glen and went to ski-hi orchard as well this afternoon. great weather, great company and great scenery. but, that combined with my workout this morning combined with my little cold has left me feeling pretty beat. i guess that is what a good saturday is all about.

tomorrow i need to hit the books...hard.

happy saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts