3 decades of me.

today i am officially in a new age group.

saturday i ran 10 miles in the arboretum at around 7min pace. i followed that up yesterday with another 7. i was a little sore yesterday but not too bad. a good sign.

after much deliberation, i've pretty much decided to run the milwaukee lake front marathon instead of twin cities or chicago. two reasons, timing and financial. it's going to be a lot easier to drive over to milwaukee after class then it would be to drive to minneapolis or downtown chicago. not exactly the scope of race i had in mind but a challenge no less.

every birthday for the last 3 i've been amazed at how fast the time has gone. taking a quick assessment of my life where it stands at this moment in time, i feel happy and lucky. i've got a GREAT wife. my job...i don't hate. i've taken the steps i feel are necessary to make my job be something i love. i'm still following the voices that tell me to push myself physically, and i really feel like i've re-discovered the proper outlet that best matches my personality (running).

anyway, monday and i've got quite a bit of work to do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
happy birthday andy
CTB said…
H-Bday old man...I hope I don't see you in a 30-39 age group at a race because you will kick us old guys to the curb

CB

Popular Posts