a good point

recently i had my hematocrit measured (as part of some other blood work) and it came back in the upper thirties. my initial thought was "damn, there must be something wrong with me" but that was based on the fact the the uci upper limit is 50 which is where most professional cyclists reside. normal is around 42 - so my results really aren't that low considering i'm not a professional cyclist but rather a hobbiest. i read a blog post on cyclingnews that points out that the 50 limit is too high, it gives dopers a target that still provides benefit while remaining 'legal.' all this is simultaneously interesting and sad.

my ride home last night was on wet roads. my ride in this morning was on wet roads. i've been wet on a bike a lot lately. tomorrow a front is coming that will bring... more rain. i think i'll go running.

i'm still feeling tired from the weekend - i could really feel it in my legs this morning. not sore, just fatigued.

i put the rigid fork back on my mountain bike last night. my goal is to continue to commute up until christmas this year (and best case scenario until nationals) and i figure having a bike option with nice wide tires will probably come in handy. i don't want to subject my suspension fork to the elements and i have a rigid fork so why not? my mechanics skills and bike racing skills seem to be on a similar trajectory. that move has taken me way too long in the past but last night i had it done in 15 minutes including adjusting the brake caliper (i spent a little more time after that cleaning the dirt off from beechwood). 

happy wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts