day off.

i took last night off and while i feel better physically, mentally i wish that i hadn't. it's weird, i know that physiologically i really don't need to run every day to get where i want to get. however, when i'm in the thick of the race, and my legs are pleading with me to slow down, it's these workouts, months away from any big races, that i draw from in those difficult times. also, it will be that much tougher for me to reach my weekly volume goal taking days off willy nilly.

i'm having a hell of a time writing my 1 page statement of purpose for my grad school aplication. i'm alright at blubbering away in the blog or via emails but when the time comes to concisely sell myself i'm a boob. maybe it's because i hold myself to high standards in my pursuit of the end product...see, it's sentances like those that will keep me out of this program. why can't i write "i want to be a better scientist. i want to learn about the things you don't learn about working with a bunch of science minded clones, clones that are taught to follow directions...and everything else is strictly on a need to know basis. such as the business of things, the legal ramifications of things, the ethics of the biddyness. and god forbid anyone get any type of management training."
because that would be too real i suppose.

last night, while i was staring at the computer screen, writing a sentance and then deleting it, robin decorated the tree. oliver, so far, has left it alone. he just sofly walks around the tree, intentionlly bumping branches to watch the shiney balls bounce around (alright, so that sounds a little gross). but he hasn't grabbed anything off the tree (yet).

Comments

Popular Posts