what the heck

so i decided that i should lace them up and give it a go at the jingle bell run yesterday. my theory being that when base really starts, my racing will be nill (or near nill) for 3 or so months so why not race a little now, right? plus i wanted to...that's why.

anyway, the 10k course ran through the aboretum and around lake wingra...it's a good course and will be the one used for the 100km championships in april (10x). i went out too hard but managed to hold my goal pace exactly the rest of the way (6.05/mile) and hit a time about 10 seconds faster than my last 10km a couple weeks ago. this time i felt like shit so i guess it's a good result.

other than that, i cleaned the basement and the garage and worked a bit on grad school stuff. man, i had major writers block last night so i didn't get real far on the 'statement of purpose' but i've got most of the application done, and i still need to update (see rewrite) my resume.

Comments

Popular Posts