blisters.

last night i took the night off from running/pilates/anything athletic and opted for some lawn mowing. i had the really bright idea of wearing my golf shoes while i mowed because i have never really broken them in and we are entering my golf season. well, these shoes are nikes and my feet have a history of blistering from nikes and this is no exception. i wore them for the front yard only, and switched to running shoes at the first sign of friction. ah, but they got me. i have a blister on each of my 'pump bumps' on my heals. great, should make tonights run that much more fun.

speaking of run, i'm going to hit the pheasant branch conservancy after work. i saw a map of that place and, using google pedometer, it seems like it might be around 5k around the loop, if that's the case it could be a great locale for some tempo work down the road (wayyyy down the road that is). i estimated my mileage from wed night's run and, with under estimating my distance covered, if my calculations are correct, i averaged 7:15. now, it was only for 6 miles but it's a start. in my mind i was running 8's at least...encouraging but still a long road to go.

tomorrow is the mt. horeb beer fest. i'm looking forward to it. we may hit headrush at bluemounds park in the morning if the weather cooperates...headrush is a fundraiser for brain tumor research/ awareness. sweet. maybe on sunday i'll do the end of the season bike clean up (clean/overhaul) if i'm not too hung over.

Comments

Popular Posts