wausau.

wausau was this weekend and i rode fairly well. first off, the bike is going to change the way i look at lines from here on. it's nice to be able to make a mistake or two and still hold your momentum through it. the brain shock in back and the terralogic up front make a world of difference through the rough stuff, but on the roads i was able to attack as if i was fully rigid. and i still have a little work to do with shock settings. my power felt better this time around and my endurance was there as always. all in all, i'd grade the race a b+ (3rd in age, 9th overall).

some guy passed me right before the last mud hole and gave me a mud smoothy with his rooster tail going directly in my mouth. i accelerated and passed him back, leading into the last section of single track. with only about 100 meters coming out of the trail i thought i had him...but he pipped me at the line to finish 0.3 sec ahead of me (it was probably more like 0.1 because he got me by a tire). oh well, one more thing to work on (finishing speed). i thanked him for the mud sammy.

other than the race, it was a great weekend. we got to see robin's parents, my mom, and all the biker gang. oliver loves his grandparents...and he loves running around outside their house. the handfulls of treats didn't hurt either...

Comments

Popular Posts