some racing.

yesterday's race was a fun one. the day started with rain...it rained my whole drive and for the first 45 minutes i was at the landfill/race venue. the citizen racers looked like they had mudbogged...the sport start looked similar. by the time we went the track was superb...i got more muddy riding on the roads for warm up than i did for the actual race. we did the citizen loop (they didn't want us trashing their trails...can't say i blame them) and it felt like a short track race. got a conservative start, and worked my up through the field. it was a short, fun race. i ended up 4th in the age group, 19th overall (just under 2 min back of the age group winner). a little faster in the start and i would have made that up no problem.

i could have done without the 6 hours of driving...in the driving rain. at one point i couldn't see the lines on the road...but really seeing while driving is overrated. there are a lot of people who never see much when they drive.

sidenote, what is with the word 'gi-normous?' when did that become part of the vernacular...and more importantly, do people realize they sound moronic when they use it? in general, hybrid words sound stupid...i mean, sporks are cool but couldn't they have come up with a better, more original name? and don't get me started on dog breeds...golden doodle, pugle, yorkie poo...give me a break.

i wonder where josh was yesterday?

Comments

Josh B said…
Woah...calling me out to the world...I thought we were down man...down like 18 flat tires on a low rider semi.

I deserve it (head hanging low in shame)
andyH. said…
hey, what are teammates for?
Josh B said…
I know, bu we can only be teamates if I show up.

Popular Posts