sometimes i feel like...

no riding last night...recovery from tt. instead, i made the now ritual 1 hour round trip downtown to get robin from work. then i mowed the lawn which blasted my allergies...when it's dry it's the worst. some phone calls and other stuff and *snap* our night was gone. amazing how that happens. i got my new light in the mail the other day...the niterider enduro hid. i'm looking forward to some night riding sometime...maybe this weekend? naw, that won't happen. but it will get me through my 1 night lap at nine mile....and then, with another battery, my solo effort at next years event. sweet.

this 1 car thing is really bringing us down. our schedules are all messed up, the dog is getting fired up which is getting us a little fired up. all because of work which we need to do to pay for the car/bike/house which caused all this in the first place. hmmmm. i could easily ride my bike to work but i need to be able to get home for the dog at lunch. hmmm. well the car won't be ready until wednesday next week...so we better just settle in for the next few days.

man, in college i had some crazy ideas like never owning a car, living off the grid, yadda. now i'm complaining that our second car is in the shop.

off to gresham this weekend (again) to celebrate my father in law's retirement...lucky bastard. he really does deserve a good send off though, he bled for that school for so many years. and rumor has it that robin's mom wants to get a little schwilly afterward. i may have to make an exception and get on the sauce wagon...you know, just to be sociable.

have a good weekend.

Comments

Adam said…
wow uncle bob is retiring... awesome. I remember the days when he was a science teacher there and he brought me into the lab after hours. he gave me some Tacinite (some sort of iron based material) which I thought was really cool.

Popular Posts