back in order.

robin is home and i feel like my life is back on track to being 'normal.' the old 'you don't know how good you have it until it changes' thing i guess, she really makes my days tick and when she is gone i roam without a point. although it is nice to sleep diagonal in the bed, i'll take lengthwise to have her here with me.

and it was her birthday yesterday. we grilled out (because she had just eaten out 20 times in the past week), she took some calls from her peeps, presents, cake, yadda yadda.

no riding for me but that didn't keep me thinking about the bike. i'm excited for this weekend, the past few rides have shown me that while i'm not where i want to be, i'm heading in the right direction...and where i want to be is in sight. execution is the name of the game sunday, push myself start to finish. at alpine i allowed myself to back off too much...regardless of my placing my goal is to keep it on the gas on sunday, sunday, sunday and see what happens.

we have an insurance adjuster coming to our house today. i might offer the guy a room for a reduction in our rates. the hail storm that produced golfball to baseball sized hail most likely smoked our roof (and possibly our siding) ...requiring a new one. i think our neighborhood was one that was hardest hit...the 'ambulance chasers' (roofing companies) have been in the neighborhood ever since, handing out fliers, putting up signs. i guess, it's their business and if everyone needs to replace their roofs then it makes sense to advertise.

Comments

Popular Posts