slide rule day.

yesterday's ride really had me thinking. it started cloudy and raw and that is where my mood got placed. through the first 2/3 of my ride my brain was flooded with thoughts. weird thoughts. like can dogs be autistic? i was thinking about posturing at work. i was thinking that i really need to put the front fender on my bike. the trails were pretty hard so i was able to go a little faster than of late...and that was fun. as i got to the road ride home the skys opened up and the sun came out. a great sign of a good impending weekend. i smiled the last 30 minutes home.

robin came home in a panic. she had lost a bracelet one of her patients had made for her. "it must have slipped off my arm." so we got in the car and retraced her steps. last things first, we drove to the gas station. nothing. then we parked where she had parked for work. nothing. we backtracked the walk to the clinic. nothing. we looked in her department, rummaging through the triage room...nothing. talk to the custodian. check the lost and found at security. no luck. so, hope was dwindling. on our way out we decided to ask the custodian vacuuming the entrance. jackpot. good things do really happen.

looking at the bracelet that robin got really made me proud of her. she goes to work, just like any of us. sometimes she is very tired. sometimes she is crabby. she is after all human. but she touches people...affects there lives very directly. this bracelet was hand made by a 19 year old girl dealing with some paralysis. looking at it, and seeing robin's face when we found it really made me happy. and it is a testament not only to the job robin does at work, but to how she lives her life.

so, i guess i would say that yesterday was a good day.

it's my birthday this weekend. can't really believe that another year has past already. if you are in town on saturday, give me a call. i just may be up for drinking some gin...

Comments

Popular Posts