one more time

yesterday was a grind. one of those days where nothing comes easy. all day at work i was struggling to get anything done. roadblock after roadblock - my absolute favorite thing is when clients badger me about timelines while i'm waiting for them to send me samples or a protocol or sign the proposal or all three. when can you start? i can start when you send me the samples! and don't get me started with reviews.

my ride home last night was no better. i just was not feeling it. i got to the military ridge trail and instantly wished i had ridden my mtb. i opted out of trail riding, did a little more road riding and then headed home settling for a 1.5 hour day.

we finished up decorating the tree last night. we have this elf on a shelf thing (named thomas) that we have been hiding for calvin every night. that kid should be a bomb sniffer or something - even when we think it will be tough for him to find he comes downstairs and finds it immediately. i sure wish i was that  observant (my wife probably does too)!

the ride in was better this morning. i have an eye doc appointment tomorrow so will have to drive - maybe i'll try running again now that my calf seems all healed up. it was weird, my calf was still pretty painful during saturdays race but felt 100% normal during sunday's race. counter-intuitive to me that back to back hard efforts would be a good thing for a mild injury but i'll take it!

happy thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts