goodie

on my ride home last night i was feeling fit and strong. as i turned on to the military ridge trail i began to feel a little melancholy. it looks like the upcoming snowstorm will effectively end my commuting season which began back on march 5th. this year i've made some pretty solid breakthroughs in terms of racing results and a lot of it comes down to my bike commuting. i've even grown to enjoy the rides home in november and december that haven't ever seen the light of day. especially while riding on the military ridge trail - nary a soul in sight, just a tunnel of darkness with a bright spot of light to show me the way.

my melancholy feeling also had to do with the fact that i will need to rely on the trainer to get any meaningful bike time after thursday. my approach is going to be simple, short and intense. never over an hour - no need any more. just enough time to warm up, attack the intervals to fuel my high end gears and then cool down. just long enough to watch a pro cx race on youtube. it's only 2.5 weeks that i will have to rely on the hamster wheel. i'm also planning on filling in the gaps with running and (hopefully) skiing. this snowmaker is looking to be a windy one so it may not serve as the ideal snow base.

happy tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts