gilbert is an asshole.

6 easy miles last night with some strides at the end. on my route i ran past our old townhouse and i noticed a smell of burning. well, on my way back through there were firetrucks everywhere outside of the building. weird.
last 7 days: 53 miles.

so, 3 or 4 years ago i was diagnosed with a benign liver affliction known as gilbert's syndrome. the main symptom is the increase in unconjugated billirubin causing yellowness (jaundice) when sick, dehydrated, etc. i looked it up on wikipedia this morning and noticed some other commonly reported side effects that i'm familiar with. fatigue, malaise, trouble concentrating, overall toxic feeling. this is what i feel after i have a glass of wine, eat garlic and lately, for no reason at all. hmmm. i have no point really. now if i only knew how to detoxify my liver...

this post sucks. i haven't had my coffee yet, i'm trying to get a bunch of water in first to start the day off hydrated for once.

happy tuesday.

Comments

ScootsOnMoots said…
i know a guy who has an abnormally high billirubin count and he can drink a whole beer truck and still be sober. something with the condition i guess. he said thanks for giving up yours for him. and by the way, you owe him a beer.
Mark said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrbula said…
Hey, welcome to the Gilbert's Syndrome Club. I was diagnosed with that as a kid. Aside from some occasional yellowness in my eyes, it hasn't really affected me much.

Gilbert's is usually considered to be harmless, and both my current and previous doctor pretty much shrugged it off and said I shouldn't be worried about it. From the little that I know about it, the fatigue and other issues you seem to be experiencing seem pretty unusual for Gilbert's.
andyH. said…
i know, i'm grasping at straws a little. my doc told me the condition was benign as well.

i get frustrated not feeling well, because i try to take pretty good care of myself.

oh well.

Popular Posts