afterward.

i'm a little sore from yesterday's efforts, enough so that i'm still contemplating what i'll do for a workout today. maybe 6 miles in the park.

i feel like i've come a long way since i resumed running. when i started back up, sustaining low 6's for 20km was unimaginable. and now here i am, with minimal speed/tempo work. the obvious question is: what now? i know what my objective is, that hasn't changed. but now i have a little more confidence. i almost feel like, if i play my cards right, and i stay healthy, i actually could run my vdot marathon estimate which is a lot faster than i ever thought i'd get in just a year's worth of running.

i pulled my daniel's book from off the shelf last night, and i was reading through his marathon plans. plan-a seems to fit what i want to do, with some mileage flexibilty and some structured workouts that will help me maximize my speed. it will have to be a hybrid plan, because i'll only have 18 weeks from june 1st. but the first 6 weeks of his plan are what i've been doing for 6 months so i guess that is not an issue. the other point of emphasis is that i need to continue taking days off when my body tells me to. patience has gotten me this far.

my other decision: should i do the nurses run this thursday? it's on a course i really enjoy (the arb loop). i'd like to get an 'official' 10km pr. but, is it too close to what i just did? hmmmm.

happy sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts