like the song

"head, shoulders, knees and toes" except for me it is "piriformis, hamstring, knee and calf." ever since that trail race i ran i have been tight in the right hinder - but that has seemed to spread throughout my leg. i think it is a good thing that i have compensated throughout my leg (instead of injuring one area) but rest is needed i think. i really wanted to ride in - i would have (regardless of weather) but for this issue. with the prospect of racing this weekend, i guess i'd prefer to rest it now and hope that it is ok on sunday.

this, in a nutshell, is why i haven't been racing much the past few years. racing gets in the way of training and i just really enjoy training consistently. i will say this, my body is uncanny - as soon as i even start entertaining the thought of trying to build up my running mileage something on my lower half starts hurting. i wasn't thinking marathon, but for some reason i am fond of the 10 mile distance and was thinking about taking a run at it again.

anyway, i better get to work.

happy thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts