and so it begins

part of my off-season plans are centered around us completing the p90x workout system. now, we're still working out the details with regards to the frequency we can realistically achieve, etc. but regardless this is week one. we did the fitness testing on monday so last night was our first real workout. chest and back and then the ab ripper workout. it was tough...i wasn't able to do anywhere near the reps the people on the dvds were able to do but i feel like it was a really good workout. my core/upper body strength have slowly been deteriorating since college so this will help me. my chest, back and arms are really tired but not all that sore. i'm sure that will change as the day progresses.

anyway, we aren't prone to doing this type of thing but i've heard from much better athletes than myself that this is something worthwhile...so we are doing it. tonight is plyometrics which i'm looking forward to...you don't get to do a whole lot of that kind of movement riding a bike or running.

speaking of running, i got out monday night for a short run on the ice age trail/university ridge golf course. i found 25 golf balls and wasn't even looking that hard. they have mowed down a lot of tall grasses so it is like stealing candy from a baby. it must have looked odd on my way home as i had them all stuffed in my running pants pockets...is that a mess of golf balls in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? actually, more than anything sexual it looked like i had a couple of weird tumors on my upper legs.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts