light fuse get away.

as soon as i started pedaling last night it started raining. not just a drizzle for my fizzle either. but i said effe it, i'm riding...i've got a race this weekend.

the race. it's weird that game is back on again. i like iola and if i make it through the first 5 frantic minutes, i'll be in good shape. my legs are good. my bike is pretty much ready. the mind is cloudy (partly due to lack of sleep) but i'm sure that the initial few minutes of racing will clear my senses like a shotgun blast in the middle of a dark night. i hope it's a little soft and wet...i will thrive in the bad conditions...especially in an early race where i may be able to take full advantage of others having lower fitness levels. i have been riding most every day since mid january, it has to count for something, right? the quality of my training could be argued but what the hay.

that dog was driving us nuts last night. he was in full on energy mode. sprinting from one end of the house to the other. it would have seemed that he would have been exhausted but he was up at least half the night (if not more) whimpering. when i got up with him this morning he ate and then slept. come on little guy, don't make me rough you up!

btw, scotty sent me something that caught my attention in a big way...holy crap, abstaining from alcohol just got a lot more difficult:

Comments

Popular Posts