terrible timing

i'm sick. it is a really awful cold that has crept into my lungs. i spent the entire day on the couch yesterday and woke up feeling only marginally better today. i'm at work but we'll see how long i can deal. it is a total bummer with regard to nationals - i've tried to train through this type of thing in the past and it only made it worse. once it is in the lungs i need to shut it down. so, no training yesterday. i did ski for an hour on monday but it knocked me out pretty good. nothing on sunday either. so now i need to start playing mind games with myself. a few days missing workouts this close isn't that big of a deal - i've put in the work since march to be able and absorb this. plus, if i take care of myself and get better quickly i can still log a few quality workouts on the weekend to keep my edge.

happy new year.

Comments

Popular Posts