one race to go

yesterday was a complete whirlwind as race days tend to be. the time until i wanted to start warming up felt interminable and then once i started it went like a flash. i got called up third for my race and i leveraged my knowledge of the course by positioning myself where i wanted to be. before i had time to get real nervous we were off. i got a good start, held third wheel into the grass around the soccer field. the #1 call up guy started riding like shit, back and forth across the course and then he slowed way down. i got tangled up with him and then when i pulled my bars out from him, my momentum carried me into the snowbank and i went down like a ton of bricks. i rolled, looked back and BAM luke bachelor-clark nailed my full speed and went flying right over top of me. when i stopped getting ridden into, i picked up my bike and tried to chase back. my bars were turned to the right and my brakes were rubbing. i yelled for mike to help me out and after a half lap like that, grabbed my pit bike. i rode pretty well on my moto and by the time i came back through mike had my A bike ready. i made up at least 15 spots throughout the race and finished a respectable 6th (one spot of the podium). i'm sore but not too bad today. my rear tubular is out of true - i hope the carbon rim isn't cracked. it's a bummer, because those limus tires are preferred but i think i'll just run a racing ralph in the back for saturday and worry about the other wheel sometime in the future.

i'm upset that i crashed but feel good about the rally. saturday will be interesting to say the least. i'm still sick, i'm sore and the weather is doing weird shit again. but, it is what it is!

happy thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts