thanksgiving

i woke up this morning feeling kind of crappy, not looking forward to a day of work and then travel, blah blah blah. i almost didn't ride in this morning (too cold, too much i need to do, feeling lazy) but the best part of my ride in is the cathartic nature of the endeavor so i'm glad i sucked it up and rode. in the frosty cold conditions, breathing in fresh air and thinking. thinking about my day, my week, my month, my life. while i have annoyances throughout the day, my life is great. i have a wife that i love and a son that i adore. all the rest is icing. so, i'm going to focus on turning my orbit around (to paraphrase a band i am also thankful for) and really concentrate on the things in my life that i am thankful for.

quite often, i take all these good things for granted.

speaking of riding, my ride home last night was fast for some reason. maybe i was riding with the wind? i'm packing up the trainer for our trip up north. i'm also going to bring running gear (and orange vest) just in case i feel daring.

i cannot wait for turkey and cranberries.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts