saris

my cycleops fluid trainer is old. i bought it used in 2004 (or thereabouts) and i am unsure of the actual model year. over the holiday while 'riding' in my in-laws' basement, the resistance decreased abruptly and i could see some fluid leaking out. i thought i had no chance of any type of warranty replacement so i emailed to see if i could trade it in for a replacement. the response i received today almost made me fall out of my chair: they are going to replace the resistance unit no questions asked. i just need to bring it over to saris (5 min from my house) and they are going to give me a new one.

now that is customer service. from a business perspective, i'm not sure how it is sustainable to guarantee anything for life (doesn't that essentially prevent repeat customers?) but i will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

happier wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts