reflections

the past 14 months or so have been at times difficult. already, the challenges that our little family experienced the first half of calvin's life are beginning to fade in that i remember it being difficult but i think i'm already forgetting just how difficult. i guess in that regard, having a crappy memory is a good thing. but something that i still think about are the people we have lost over that similar span. my grandpa and robin's grandma. i guess it's due to the holidays or whatever, but i've been thinking about them a lot lately. i recently bought the band of horses record 'cease to begin' and on it there is a song called no one's gonna love you. one of the verses in the song goes:

Anything to make you smile
You are the ever-living ghost of what once was
I never want to hear you say
That you'd be better off
Or you liked it that way
But no one is ever gonna love you more than I do
No one's gonna love you more than I do

i've been thinking about that one within the context of the year and it makes me feel better because it reminds me that in this guy is an ever-living ghost of what once was:


(that's an outfit of mine from the late seventies playing with one of my favorite toys)

a little cheesy? perhaps. but it reminds me to be thankful for what we have. and in him we have a lot.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts