how to do it?

now that i feel like we have established a routine with the p90x, i'd really like to start adding in regular running to supplement my fitness/start building my base for 2011 and beyond. for the next few months, i'd like to accomplish 2 things:

1) run 4-5 times per week
2) build my long run steadily to around 20 miles by the end of february

so what is the problem you might ask...well, i just don't know when to fit it in. p90x takes anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours on pretty much a daily basis. if i want to do a 6 mile run, that puts me close to 2 hours of exercise in a day which is a pretty big stretch. i could run in the mornings...but calvin is so variable in his sleep patterns that it makes it tough sometimes...and let's face it, running in the morning in the dead of winter is about as much fun as i had taking calculus 3 at the u of m. so, i'm beginning to contemplate lunch runs. i think it might work...it will just make for a slightly busier day. but, the upshot is that if i'm stressed out in the morning i may come back invigorated and calm for the remainder of the day. it just might work.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Big Steve said…
Time, time, time... ain't it the truth. I was able to work in the every morning walk of the new dog, but that only added 20-30 minutes to my day.

Last week I started what amounts to nearly 2-1/2 hours of a yoga/spin/stretch class once per week. This week I'm adding a second class of 90 minutes. I just found out about a Saturday morning class that is another 2-1/2 hours that I'd like to add, but when I review my week, when does the family come in?

On top of that I'm trying to add 3 days of some type of resistance training. That's 60-90 minutes when all is said and done, much like your p90x is. Again, where does family come in as it's something that I am not willing to give up.

Household duties? That time seems to be dwindling quickly.

My rest day may be more of a collapse day.

Maybe we should get up an hour earlier so we have 25 hours in the day. I hope that those of us that are experiencing this have some type of ephiphany that we are able to share with others.

Popular Posts