tired tuesday.

i'm still dragging a little from my 'training race' this past saturday. i think that might mean it was more than a training race. i got the official results this morning and the 2:32 marathoner that beat me is paul laeseke, the winner of last years lakefront marathon. he ran boston this year in 2:34, which is pretty strong considering the conditions. now, running a 15km trail race on par with this guy doesn't make me a 2:30 marathoner, this i know for sure-hell, if we weren't on trails he probably would have buried me. but it does bode well for what is to come...

what is to come, that reminds me. my first day of training starts today. technically it started yesterday with a day off, but today it really starts. the next four months of training are about a singular purpose, and that purpose is maximizing my performance in milwaukee in four months. if i can bring down my 5km/10km pr's in the process, well, that would be some sweet cake frosting.

happy tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts