i'm going dental

yesterday's dental visit had an interesting story to go with it...after some small talk about weather and dogs, the hygeinist asked me if i had any summer plans.

me:yes, we're going to denmark.

her:ohhhhhh! i went to denmark last year! it was beautiful. we were there in august and the trees were nice and the people are great (enter her hands into my mounth). yep, we went for 1 week and it was great. do you know someone who lives there or just visiting?

me: my shister lives dare.

her: that's very nice, i'm sure she loves it there. are you flying or driving?

me:??!@!?? flhyyng.

her: ohhhh, very smart. you know, once you get to pensylvania it's nice but the drive through ohio is a bear.

??!#??!

she went on and on about some denmark on the east coast...i didn't have the heart to correct her (plus it's hard to speak while she's doing her teeth thing). i knew that the dentist interaction would be interesting if she was still in the room...and it went something like this:

d: hi andy, how are we doing today?
me: i'm fine.
d: how's your summer, any big plans coming?
me: it's been great, we're doing some...ah...traveling next month.
d: around the state?
me: not so much...we're actually going to denmark.
d: yea, i'd say it's a little more than a 'little' traveling.

he kept asking questions and i kept giving ambiguous answers so as to not incriminate myself to the hygenist lady. i did great...until he asked me if we were going to any other countries while there. i said i didn't know...but i thought for sure i was busted.

well, apparantly not because as i was leaving my hygenist said 'have fun in delaware!'

hmmm.

my ride last night felt really good. i pushed it a little and my legs reacted nicely.

and the tour...floyd put in quite a performance. i'll be watching the tt tomorrow for sure...on a dead hip! amazing. my favorite quote was when he was asked by frankie andreu how it felt to win his first tdf stage and his reply was (paraphrased) 'i didn't come here to win a stage, i came to win the tour...and that's what i intend to do.' tough as nails.

Comments

Adam said…
you should hear the story about when my dentist was asking what I was doing this weekend and I said "apple picking".

Popular Posts