adventure

let me see here. 2 days of riding outside since the last snow event. 2 crashes. nice work, genius. tuesday i rode for and hour and some minutes over 30 and i was fine. i decided that it was fun to be out riding, and that i really shouldn't quit just yet. parade lap around the neighborhood sounded brilliant. well, they don't really plow in our neighborhood so, heading down hill to a left hand turn i hit a patch of snow that grabbed the wheel and like a snap i was down. one sore left shoulder...check. one sore left hip, double check.

well, yesterday was 40 on the house thermometer with sun sun sun, so i HAD to ride again. huffing down the military ridge trail was a chore, the snow conditions were deep and soft. i was checking my heartrate (bad habit, trying to quit) and !wham!, i stacked it up in another soft wet patch. this time, my reactions weren't good...i actually put my hand out to brace my fall. luckily, my hand sunk into the mud wrist deep. sore right hip, check. sore right shoulder, double check. the worst part was finishing the ride with exactly half of me looking like i took a mud bath.

but damn it was good to be out on the bike. bad thing is i'm sore on both sides...feels like race season!

tour de old stomping grounds this weekend. minneapolis via eau claire. should be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts