new way of thinking.

i'm trying to be a little bit more optimistic with my pursuits in life. namely, work. i'm not nearly as negative as some of my coworkers, but i definitely could work on my positive outlook. i was reading an article about the csc team building camp they have in denmark every year and i decided to apply some of that to my general day to day life. now, i'm not going to hire a danish military man to design tests to point out my weaknesses....i've got a pretty firm grasp on what those are.
what stood out to me in the article is how one aspect of life translates to another aspect of life. it makes sense to me too...a lot of times if i have a busy day or a day that requires a lot of thinking at work, i ride my bike better at night. or i'm more productive at home. conversly, when i'm slow at work i have no motivation when i get home. hmmmmm. i think i just had a break through.

well, i guess maybe i'll call my new approach 'guarded optimism.' baby steps.

anyway, robin is home sick today. she's lucky. i don't think she feels really that bad, but she cannot talk which is a requirement when seeing patients all day. she actually sounds like the god father...only squeakier.

Comments

Popular Posts