season over.

that's right, i think i'm done for the year. my last hurrah was park city and that is a good way to end things. i may show up unfit to mike's race later this month, but i think my attempts at being competitive are done for the year.

inevitably, that brings up plans for next season (athletes are psycho that way) and i've already put together my annual plan for 2006. right now, i think i may be biking a lot more. the triathlons i did were rewarding but it has been a solo adventure... and i'd really like to pull back my ties with my teammates.

tentatively, i'd like to do 3-4 early road races and a 12 hr duo mtb race. then, i'd like to pull the training hermit bit and hit heavy volumes in june and then rest some in early july. pick up intensity in mid july and finish the season with some fast racing, culminating at fat tire where i'd like to finish top 50. however, for my own mental sake, this is not binding and i will be tweaking the plan.

every year i say this, but i would really like to hit the strength training this year. core stuff, stomach...back...shoulders. this would make me a much better athlete. also, i hope to add a full suspension bike to the arsenal this winter. i keep coming back to the cannondale scalpel...we'll see about that.

so there...my life is already planned away. all i know is that for the next couple of weeks i'll be resting (as much as my sanity will let me).

still planning on doing a photoblog deal of our western adventures, maybe tonight? i've also thought about a recap of the year, but that almost seems holiday letterish and those really suck it...

Comments

Popular Posts