mixed results

short track at blackhawk last night. took it easy the first few laps just trying to remember how bike handling works on a mountain bike at speed. i noticed right away that my front end is way too high for my liking - too much time on my road/cross bikes in the drops i guess. note to self: remove spacer and/or flip the stem over. after a few laps, it was vince (who i just met last night) up the trail with ron and i together. for some reason, vince shut it down for a bit in the middle and i went to the front and just tried to hold it steady. i looked back and nobody was there! so, with 2-3 laps to go i committed myself to trying to get as much time as possible. i was entering single track while passing someone and i heard a clunk from my back wheel - must have been a stick (i thought). i got around the rider and started to accelerate when a worse clunk sounded and my bike stopped. as it turns out, my rear wheel fell off the bike (similar to my experience at wausau 24 last year). not good! by the time i fixed it i had been passed by a fair number of people. oh well, the 'sensations' were good and i have a little confidence that my training 'plan' is taking me in the right direction. now if i could just keep my rear wheel in place! what i'm most happy about is that i had at least one more gear to go to. nice!

one more day with my clients here. it has been a good visit but i'm not unhappy to see them leave!

happy thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts