planning

is it really an off-season if you never really had an on-season?

with the blaster behind me, cross practice winding down (tomorrow is the last one) and only two cross races left, i'm starting to think about the off-season a bit. i have goals for the off-season as follows:

1) improve core/overall strength
2) control my ever worsening allergies
3) figure out my seemingly g.i. related problems
4) implement a formal bike training plan that maximizes training gains from a limited time allotment

wow, it sure was easy to type those out. but achieving just one of those goals will take a bunch of work. achieving all 4 will require dedication but i think that i can do it. while i'd like to maximize my physical abilities for bike racing, my main goal is to feel good which will translate into being a better father/husband. numbers 2 and 3 could very well be linked...and i'm going to be open minded when it comes to improving my health including a holistic approach but also getting traditional medical input as well.

we'll see i guess.

happy tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts