remaining disciplined

so, i've been working my way back to fitness with some goals in mind for next year. it is probably no secret that these goals include running which is why i have been doing predominately that. i'm not ready to list said goals yet, but one of them involves (once again) trying to break an arbitrary time over a seemingly arbitrary distance.

the thing is, i'm starting to slowly develop some fitness which is good. as a result, i am also developing an itch to race. i don't think i'm ready to do that just yet but my heart is telling me to. this weekend is the waunafest 10 mile which is probably my favorite race i did leading up to the milwaukee marathon disaster. good rolling course that is tough but not too hard. my legs just aren't ready but it is tempting.

speaking of my legs, as i slowly build my way back to respectable volumes i'm trying something a little different this time around to try and avoid the knee issues i developed last time. i'm really focusing on mixing terrain, shoes, and workout types (along with core work and stretching) to try and develop all parts of my legs to try and avoid deficiencies that might develop over the long haul. and speaking of shoes, i just received a pair of saucony kilkenny xc shoes. bright lime green gives them a really cool look. i haven't run in this type of shoes in...15 years or so but i thought 'what the hell?' with the uw cross country course a 15 minute jog from my front door, it might be fun to do a few easy laps now in then. and, another type of shoe fits in with my current approach to training. did i mention they look pretty cool?

i'm procrastinating my work...can you tell?

happy friday.

Comments

Big Steve said…
Thank you for the reading material while I'm hold with the bank. Hope you're able to reach those goals that you're setting. Keep working at them.

Oh yeah, guess I'm doing a little procrastination myself.

Popular Posts