that is what i get

since i allowed myself to think about stupid things like racing, our son has been falling into a withdrawl induced stupor that landed us back in the urgent care last night. he is otherwise healthy which is good but has to go back on a lorazepam regime for another week and a half.

i knew that parenting would be a challenge. but this has blown my preconceptions out of the water. i was telling robin last night that the first 3 months of his life seem like a dream now. then we woke up in the peds icu and the past 4 weeks have been infinitely more challenging.

all this has occupied all of my mental, physical and emotional energy (as it should) leaving me to be blugeoned on a daily basis at work. 3 months ago, there was a directive of requiring everyone to take 6 days of pto in the first quarter. now, there is an off the cuff directive that all salaried employees must work 50 hour weeks "until our business improves." meanwhile, i can't get any of my work done because i spend the lion's share of my day scrounging work for my employees.

the beatings will continue until morale improves.

i'm in a bad place this morning. i did see this which minimally improved my mood:



nothing like some minor league baseball nostalgia to turn that frown into pursed lips. i've always been interested in sports uniforms. this site has really captured my attention lately and is where i've been finding this stuff. speaking of uniforms, the packers are about to unveil an alternate that is rumored to be a modernized version of the 1929 uniforms:



navy blue jersey with gold number. tan/gold pants. could be neat. watch for the announcement tomorrow.

back to work.

Comments

Popular Posts