the fog is lifting...

...both literally and figuratively.

after a very nice weekend which included celebrating my 33rd birthday, meeting charlotte for the first time (and of course seeing pat and katie), hanging out with my mom, running, riding a bike and taking down the christmas lights in the warm afternoon sun, i am feeling a bit more myself and am ready to speak of things frivolous.

i have allowed myself to start thinking about athletics again. my marathon plans are done...there is no way i'll be ready anymore after nearly 3 weeks without any training. i could probably finish but i never want to just finish a marathon...i've done that already. i have some ideas in mind for later in the year, but april has a couple of things on the horizon.

first, the annual spring classic the hater is on and i'm a confirmed rider. if it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger, right? i hate that race so good.

second, the ballsride. this one is tentative but 100 miles on a mountain bike sure would be a great base builder. i think that i would hate it even more than the hater. and since it is close to home, i could bag it if i started seeing too many gremlins at mile 77.

third, maybe a visit to robin's parents around may 8th for race #1 of this doozy? i hear the stumpfarm is rad.

my current strategy is to do long base rides on the bike and fill in with running workouts during the week. i want to do some running races in early summer and then transition back to the bike...

maybe this, this and this? all conjecture at this point but it makes me a little excited thinking about it.

oh, and we both got iphones over the weekend. i don't know how to use it but already it has changed my life. best invention since the cotton gin.

happy monday.

Comments

Popular Posts