high end.

my biggest weakness right now in terms of the bike is my 'high end' speed. long and slow triathlon sessions have robbed my legs of some of the snap that i used to have. last night i felt like it came back a little. the time trial course was difficult with some power climbs early in the lap into the switchbacks (down) into the murderhorn climb. the murderhorn is one of the only times you'll see me in the granny around these parts, but boy do i need it. anyway, i went out reasonably on the first lap. jerry and carlos (who are riding on a different planet than me) almost caught me on the murderhorn, so i decided to really give it some gas and see what i had/how long i could hold those two off. i managed to ride really well and held both of them off until around 1/4 of a lap to go. i bobbled on a loose section and that was about it for me. but it was encouraging no less.

my bike is a real heap right now. once i get it cleaned up and creakless, i'm still going to have to deal with the fork. the jarring and abuse i'm taking because of the crappy thing is annoying at best, but what am i going to do??

becky stopped by last night--she is visiting from new mexico. it was good to see her and meet anna. we found out that kari and becky are buying a condo in durango, so a trip to colorado will be in order (darn). it'll have to be next spring/summer though, i need to reaccrue some pto!! (especially after our trip to park city later this month)

Comments

Popular Posts