everything i do, i do for...

so robin and i went downtown sunday evening to watch some of the finishers of the ironman. what it did for me was rekindle the dream of one day finishing an ironman myself. way back when, the televised ironman was what kind of pushed me towards the idea of running. which eventually led to biking. which lead to triathlon. my intention is to compete in ironman wisconsin in 2007. i could do it in 06, but there are a few other things i want to cross off my list first (which will help me in attaining my goal). but for the next two years, everything i do in terms of sport i will have the im in the back of my head.

there will be some other changes next season as well. but, since it is still this season (and some of the changes depend on other team happenings) i'll leave that for another day.

last night i began preparations for fat tire. arguably the most important supply needed...the beer. i wonder if i got enough? but seriously folks, tonight i get the bike ready to go. ie clean the thing. i did a short road ride last night with some hard bursts...and the legs felt present (i smoked a couple of uw team riders). i almost felt fast. hopefully the almost part will dissapear saturday morning.

really dedicated...i go from ironman talk to beer talk.

cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts