front quadrant or bust...

today our lane assignments were handed out (after coach had a few days to think about our time trials from monday). i ended up in the lane with a former uof michigan swimmer and the other was the third woman out of the water at ironman wisconsin 2003. needless to say i got worked. but this will make me faster. i talked to dick after the session and told him i'd only been seriously doing this since november (because he was barking stroke critiques at me like i know what he is talking about) and he said "oh, really?" then he said he'd send me some videos to watch to show me good form. long story short, this class will make me faster (as long as i really work the drills and study hard). that's the tough thing about swimming, there is the fitness aspect and there is the technique aspect. which one is more important? my answer is yes.

hot last night...way hot for a meager 1.5hr run. rumor has it pigman is a hot one typically so i guess it is good practice. we ended the set today with some verticle kicking with our arms out of the water (think syncronized swimming). i about died...and my right calf had a near cramp experience. carry over from last night perhaps...

mtb time trials tonight. we'll see how i feel. i have a new set of expectations towards moutain biking now. it is my second sport, and i will be doing things more for fun that speed. at least until 9-mile and fat tire. now i just need to work some bike handling and power.

" andy, your right arm is flapping"

Comments

Popular Posts