Week 5 of 9

M - 0, off day after Sunday long run
T - 9.5 miles of trails at Hyland (I won new Saucony's at the event!)
W - 0, rest day
R - 7.5 miles moderate in the a.m
F - 4 miles easy prior to 7 hours in the car to get the boys from grandparents
S - 21.5 miles long run. Ran from the Walker to home following TCM course. Bonked hard at around mile 20 - I guess that is what happens when you don't take any food or water during this type of effort. I'm happy with the outcome, still averaged 7:30 but with a large deterioration due to uphill and bonk.
N - 0 miles running. Biked to and from the fair - and of course, did a "little" walking while there for 8 hours.

42.5 mile total for the week. This is my max long run of the cycle - and also the benchmark I was waiting to hit before I pull the trigger on registering for the 2017 TCM. The goals are simple - 1) Finish 2) Boston Qualifier 3) sub-3:00 although the latter will be pretty unlikely as I'm going to run the first 1/2 with the 3:10 pace group. Happy Tuesday.


Comments

Popular Posts