well, that didn't take long

riding in this morning it happened - some dude on a geared fat bike decided he wanted to race me. there is a stretch on my route where i am pretty spun out on my single speed - and i don't push too hard because i want to minimize my sweatiness going into the day. well, this guy took a nice long pull and then passed me. he was jamming pretty good and i was coasting. there is an uphill as you approach/enter middleton and it never fails - riding my normal pace i catch up to whomever passes me. the part that annoys me is when these dudes ride my draft without saying anything. pass me, or not. one of the things i love about riding in is that my morning commute is spent gearing up/thinking about the day ahead. this gets disrupted when there is someone on my wheel.

anyway, i guess i should just slow down temporarily and let them by. i do want to go on record and say that while under the right conditions i see that they could be fun, in 95% of instances i've seen them being ridden i think fat bikes are stupid. just my opinion.

happy wednesday.

Comments

Chuckles said…
What about fat riders?
andyH. said…
i'm totally ok with clydesdales!

Popular Posts