doldrums

it is pretty early to be feeling this way, but i'm in the winter doldrums. a lot of it has to do with the fact that i haven't been able to get out and run, ski, bike, etc. we've still be plugging away at the p90x but i miss doing aerobic stuff.

i had a chance to execute my planned long run yesterday but wasn't feeling up to it. i've been struggling with a cold and just feel wiped out. i did manage to get my road bike ready to ride (on the trainer), the cross bike 'fenderized' and ready to ride outside, and my bike lab ready for the impending build. speaking of, i have procured the necessary bits to allow me to build up a pretty sweet rig. items are due to start arriving on tuesday. i'm lacking a wheelset/tires but that is it. and, i have funds remaining from the sale to buy them...i just need to find the right ones. i'm going for light and easy for tubeless set up...i'd be happy to hear any recommendations.

3-5 inches of snow today...maybe i'll need to get the skis out one of these days!

robin and i got away for a date night last evening. dinner, movie (true grit...we both loved it - classic cohen brothers) and dessert at the great dane. we both had crazy dreams so eating a bunch of sugar at 9:30 on a sunday maybe wasn't the best plan. oh well, it was fun getting away with my darling.

happy monday.

Comments

Big Steve said…
Do what you can to fight the doldrums. We've certainly hit the tough part of the year.

Last year I started running Stan's ZTRs on both my SS and gears. Have had no issues - other than a valve core that was giving me some opportunities for improvemnts. SS on Phil Wood hubs, gears on SRAM hubs, both with Sapim bladed spokes. Can out lighter than I expected and seem to be very strong. I searched quite a while for deals on the hubs and got the rest and had them done at the LBS. It's been far too long since I've built a set and frankly family time is much more important to me these days.

You've also reminded me that it's time for another date night. We shoot for once a month. It's a good thing all around.
Josh B said…
You dont need wheels, As fast as you are you can just hover above the ground.
andyH. said…
hoverbike!

Popular Posts