complacent.

i ran last night, and for whatever reason i think a lot more running than i do on the bike. it occurred to me that over the past 3-4 years, i've gotten really complacent with my racing. i haven't really 'put my nose in there' and gotten after it in a race situation, and the slow decay in my results are showing that. i'm not capable of being a pro, but i am capable of going faster. it used to be i'd train willy nilly, surely doing more hard/speed work than i should, but at least i was doing speedwork...now i'm so concerned about full recovery, zone 2 rides, blah blah blah that i've dumbed my legs into being slower.

i guess that is why i'm being drawn back to running...it's been a while since i've felt comfortable running...right now every run hurts a little. as my running fitness grows, one of my goals is to still hurt a little on most runs...i can recover on the bike. maybe my competitive edge will come back as a result.

enough of that talk. this weekend is an odds and ends weekend. with pat's big day next weekend and then us leaving for the next two weekends after that, we need to wrap some stuff up in preparation. i'm not planning on much relaxation...that is for our vacation. finish the landscaping, do some man scaping (i just felt like saying that), paint our trim (and finish scraping some), pre-emptive laundry, yadda yadda. nice. i am going to try to sleep in one of the two days...so that's something.

Comments

ScootsOnMoots said…
suck it up and admit it like everyone else does eventually.......you're just getting old dude.

Popular Posts