danger(field)

on my ride in this morning i rode my klein and it got me thinking. at wheels on willy there was a guy there watching with his son and as i walked past he told his boy "most of these bikes are worth more than my car." his son pointed at my bike and asked "even that one" and after a short but distinct pause the father responded back "well, maybe not that one."

actually, i take a lot of pride in the fact that i don't overspend on equipment. i have figured out ways to minimize the cost of my bike habit and still not feel like i'm at a disadvantage on the race course. so, i don't really care about his assessment of value (he was probably right). but, what i don't understand is why human beings are content to be such raging and open douchebags. rhetorical.

after a week of no riding, i'm on day three in a row. baby steps. its a gorgeous day and i'd much rather be home than at work but wednesday is my fun night so i will be going a little longer on the way home.

happy wednesday.


Comments

Popular Posts